Monday, November 7, 2011

i mean to write in this space often, i really do. i mean to take photos every day (styled perfectly, in perfect lighting, with no interruptions from my little girl pulling on my leg or a helpful kitten taking a nap on the photograph subject), i really do. but this just doesn't happen in my world. instead i sit at my sewing machine or get wrapped up in an idea for a new quilt or snuggle with my first baby. 



so i'll write a post today - although if this post has a point or not is debatable - and maybe one the next day. maybe i'll get lucky and write about three different things on three different days, all in one week! but let's not count on it. maybe i will post more photos and inspiration and write a little less. or maybe not.


but today there are these hanging in my kitchen window. when the sun comes up in the morning it highlights of all their seams. they will soon have ribbons and backing and maybe some quilting and they will be 'the miniest of all quilts'. i picture them in groups of three on a forgotten wall, or hanging from a dresser drawer knob, or tucked into a christmas tree.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah, I love these mini mini quilts!

    And you may not be able to write as often as you'd like, but it's like a lovely surprise wrapped in a pretty package when you are able to post. I totally understand and sympathize with being swept away by children and kittens and projects and LIFE.

    Beautiful stuff, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jenny! i'm trying my hardest to slow down and enjoy all of it, but with baby number two on the way, i want to do everything!

    thanks again, xo.

    ReplyDelete