Wednesday, September 28, 2011


and with the return of cool air comes the return of my inspiration/motivation/creative brain. let's face it, summer time just isn't my thing. besides enjoying the occasional frozen yogurt and a farmer's market here or there, humid air, bathing suits, mosquitoes and i just do not get along. 

but now - oh now! - there are craft fairs right around the corner that require planning and preparation. there are cool, quiet nights that are just screaming for quilts that need to be bound (and therefore snuggled underneath). and finally a sewing table that is tidy - i won't say clean - enough to stack fabric and sort scraps and sew sew sew!

the next few weeks (and months, perhaps) around these parts will be spent:
:: making piles of triangles to sew onto my new bunting bags. 
:: cooking casseroles and baking muffins.
:: rekindling my love for this little island that has been our home for five months now.
:: digging into my giant pile of works in progress.
:: knitting up some beautiful alpaca that has been in my stash for far too long.


and a sneak peak of another project that is so close to being done i can almost taste it. i can't wait to share.




1 comment:

  1. Oh you are my kindred spirit fellow fall lover! The cooler weather and longer nights are so conducive to all the cozy indoor activities. I can't wait to start new projects, make bread and buy pumpkins this weekend. Can't wait to pack away the sandals and get out my clogs!

    ReplyDelete